Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Give a Little, Get a Lot!



Recently I read about Maria and Evan, an adorable couple who were married in November 2009.  The night after they had their engagement photo session, Evan stopped by the store to pick up a couple of items and was hit by another driver, splitting his car in two and throwing him into a concrete wall.  This accident resulted in a fractured neck at a C2 vertebra, and injury that is often fatal.  Doctors told Maria that Evan would probably not be able to walk down the aisle.


Click below to read their sweet story.  Trust me, you don't want to miss it!



After enduring many complications, lots of hospital time, and a risky surgery, they were elated to learn Evan would eventually make a full recovery.  It was a long year, but can you image how sweet that wedding day was when it arrived and Evan not only walked his bride down the aisle, but took her hand for their first dance together as husband and wife.



Sadly, the newlyweds soon learned that they were drowning in medical bills and in addition to trying to find a teaching position and taking up odd jobs, sweet Maria decided to sell her beloved Maggie Sottero Vienna wedding gown.

"At first, I didn't want to part with my dress.  But then I realized that it's just a thing, and that I was already holding onto the best part of my whole day - Evan!  Now, I'm glad that someone else will get to enjoy my beautiful wedding dress, and I hope it brings them the same joy that it gave us."


Recycled Bride is hosting the sale of this gorgeous dress for the discounted price of $1000 and has generously offered to cover all packing, insurance, and first class shipping fees.  You can buy the dress at the fabulous Recyled Bride website (all my current 2010/2011 brides, take a look!!).  I would LOVE to have one of my own precious brides wearing that dress on their wedding day.


If there is one thing that I am more passionate about than planning and coordinating special occasions, it is giving to others in their time of need.  So, if you don't need a new wedding dress, but want to help a young newly married couple when they need it most, then CLICK HERE and make a donation.  It can be $1.  Or $25.  Or $100.  Whatever you can do, do it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment