Recent Posts

Friday, February 5, 2010

The 12 Things I Can't Live Without

One of my favorite home design magazines asks an interior designer every month what are the 12 things they can't live without.  I like reading this feature, because I usually glean new resources and bookmark worthy websites.  This week, I've decided to copy this idea and list the 12 things that I can't live without as a wedding and event planner.  Once I got started, it was hard editing it down to 12, but here they are in no particular order:

12.  Monthly deep tissue massages.  Melissa at Massage Envy is the best!  However, when I want the full spa experience (and because they can always fit me in at the last minute) Halcyon Day Spa at The Summit is my number one choice.

11. My Apple MacBook Pro.  I can't say enough good things about my favorite road warrior tool.  I can surf the web at lightning speed, check email, shop, and chat on the webcam with my friends.  It also has Microsoft Word, so I can write my blog posts when inspiration hits.

Click below to read the rest of "The 12 Things I Can't Live Without"

10. My Molskine Notebook.  I don't leave home without it.  Everytime I open it I feel I should be jotting down notes from what my Journalism professor is rambling on about.  Instead I'm writing: "double-check with venue availability for florist to make 8:00 a.m. delivery on Saturday."

9.  Magazines.  Every December, Hearst Magazines offers $5.00 subscriptions and I rack up.  Yes.  It means I get a LOT of junk mail, but I like reading those too, because I like getting mail (but that's a whole other topic).

8. A black cardigan and a pair of sexy blue jeans that can take me from day to night.  My latest sweater acquisition is from Theory.  I found it on the sale rack at Saks, and boy, did I get a deal!  My favorite denim at the moment is Joe's Jeans.

7. Fabulous black shoes.  My favorite pair right now are from Kate Spade.  They make me feel as though I'm walking on air.  I wear them everywhere and every place that I think I can get away with them.

6. My Confort Extreme Levres from Sisley.  I'm on the go all day long, so this nutritive lip balm keeps my lips moisturized and shiny, so I can still feel pretty.

5. My Canon G10 camera.  I should be a way better photographer as much as I point and click, but I'm not.  However, it does not keep me from documenting everything.

4. My Apple Iphone.  Enough said.

3. Pilates.  I was introduced to pilates about two years ago, but just recently started.  I'm very much a beginner, but I love the stress relief benefits.  Love, love, love.  I can't wait to have that peaceful look that my pilates instructor wears.

2. Designer Water.  I will splurge on any fancy bottle water that reads: "fine artisan water."  I hope there's some benefit there, but honestly, they're my retails therapy and that's why I buy them.

1. A great big bag to carry it all.  I currently carry my fabulous Marc Jacobs tote that I've had for about 4 years, although it gets so heavy that it's probably part of the reason I can't live without #12.

Now it's your turn.  I would love to hear what are some things in our profession that you can't live without.

0 comments:

Post a Comment